HomeLiveVisa & residence permit

Visa and residence permit

The residence of foreigners for up to six months is subject to the Aliens Police Act (Fremdenpolizeigesetz/FPG). Residences of over six months are governed by the Settlement and Residence Act (Niederlassungs- und Aufenthaltsgesetz/NAG), which regulates the issuance of residence permits for foreigners. Relevant information and current details (like family members, documents required and costs) along with application forms that can be downloaded are offered on the following websites:

The point of contact for residence is generally the municipal authorities in Linz, Wels and Steyr, the district authorities in rural areas or the relevant representative authorities (like embassies).

Don’t forget that in addition to a residence card, you should register your place of residence within three days of moving into new accommodation.

Evelyn Hetzinger Ansprechpartnerin für Come2Upper Austria | Standortagentur Oberösterreich, Business Upper Austria Care Area: all around upper Austria

Evelyn Hetzinger

All around Upper Austria


Business Upper Austria - OÖ Wirtschaftsagentur GmbH

Mobile: +43 664 8481271
Phone: +43 732 79810-5198